Rogers is proud to announce our Sponsorship Program funded by the Rogers Charitable Foundation. Our goal is to support both the Rogers community and the educational efforts of the youngest population by providing eligible candidates with opportunities for education assistance and the potential for great advancement.
We would like to offer this program to a larger number of Rogers employees’ children. The Sponsorship program is now accepting applications from graduating high school seniors, current college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who wish to apply for funding of their college education through Rogers Charitable Foundation. The applicants must meet all eligibility requirements. The final deadline to apply is JUNE 29, 2018.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
The candidates who are awarded will receive a grant, which will cover a portion or all of their educational and living expenses including room, board and books. The maximum amount to be granted per person shall not exceed $2,500 per semester/$5,000 for school year. This opportunity is available only to applicants who are currently enrolled or anticipate to be enrolled full-time at an educational institution. Once accepted into the program, students will need to meet certain requirements each year in order to continue receiving the scholarship.
ELIGIBILITY FOR 1ST TIME PARTICIPANTS
- You must be employed at Rogers for at least 12 consecutive months and actively working at the time the application is submitted and at the time the funds are dispersed.
- Current high school students must graduate in Spring 2018 in order to be considered for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Current college freshmen, sophomores and juniors are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum requirement of a 3.0 GPA from high school or college (Note: if the applicant does not have at least a 3.0 GPA, he/she can provide an explanation for the lower GPA).
- The applicant must be actively involved in community activities.
- The applicant must show financial need. The annual household income must be equal to or below $150,000. An IRS Tax return 1040 for the previous tax year is required to prove financial need.
- The applicant must submit a one-page essay describing what he/she plans to study and why, short-term and long-term goals, and community involvement activities. Please limit responses to one page, size Letter (8.5”x11”). Responses longer than one page will not be considered.
- The applicants will be interviewed by Rogers Foundation Program Manager.
- Applicants must submit a completed Application Form
- The applicant must complete a Spark Hire (virtual) one-way video interview after he/she submits the application package. Interviews will be sent shortly after the application is received.
ELIGIBILITY TO CONTINUE PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM UNTIL COLLEGE GRADUATION
All Rogers’ Scholars admitted into the Program will have the opportunity to continue their participation in the Program through graduation. They will continue to receive outright grants, which will cover in full or in part their expenses for tuition, books and housing until college graduation if they continue to meet all of the requirements below*:
- Submit a copy of new class schedule for the upcoming semester to the Rogers Foundation Program Coordinator
- Submit mid-term and final semester grades, as well as semester attendance records to the Rogers Foundation Program Coordinator
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Complete a minimum of 20 community service hours per semester.
Your completed Application Package MUST include:
- Completed and signed Application Form
- Official High School Transcript – Copy (submit with Application Package)
- Official SAT or ACT scores – Copy (submit with Application Package)
- Guardian/Parent’s Tax Return – copy of the 1040 form to prove financial need
- One-page essay
- Please also have the following 2 originals mailed in sealed envelopes directly from the institutions:
- Official High School or College Transcript
- Official SAT or ACT scores
Please review the full Scholarship Announcement and Application Form below and submit to email@example.com.
Please mail your official transcript and scores the following address:
Rogers Charitable Foundation Admissions
2050 Marconi Drive, Suite 100
Alpharetta, GA 30005
We are now accepting applications for applicants looking to enroll in college during the 2018-2019 school year. The deadline for applications is June 29,2018.